Sunday, March 14, 2010

Ohio Family

Last Monday, my siblings and I drove to Ohio to attend the funeral of our dear aunt, and I just returned home Saturday. Though the occasion was sad, it was beautiful. Aunt Ina was a follower of Christ, and taught her children and grandchildren to love Him too. They are each a living testimony to her influence, and it was a pleasure for me to be in their company.

Aunt Ina would have been seated in the empty chair, next to her brother, my Dad (seated). In this photo I'm standing to the left of Dad. Except for me, everyone else in the photo is a descendant- either by blood, or by marriage - of my aunt. (At the time this photo was taken, my siblings were heading back home.)
I will always cherish this time spent with very special, extended family.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo to have! I hope your dad's feeling better and able to get around with less pain. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your aunt. You have a beautiful photo to remind you of your family. If it's like my family, it seems we don't get together as much as we used to.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin