Tuesday, January 2, 2024

2023 by the Numbers

It's been fun to think of different numbers I tallied in 2023. especially discovering and counting things that I wouldn't otherwise note. Here are a few of my

2023 Numbers
  • 2,489 people viewed my March 21 blog post: Scarp My Scraps Thank you Char at Clothstitched for that fun term!
  • 562 people viewed my Sept 24 blog post" Unallocated Quilt Finish (second-most viewed)
  • 523 people viewed my Oct 8 blog post: Crumby Finished Quilt (third-most viewed)
  • 417.15 miles power-walked - the same distance as from my house to Charleston, South Carolina! 
  • 126 hours spent line dancing
  • 107 audiobooks listened-to - See entire list and book scores on blog tab Books Read or view on Google Drive
  • 105 power walks
  • 98.08 yards of stashed fabric used
  • 79.69 yards of fabric purchased
  • 79 line dancing classes attended
  • 73 blog posts written
  • 70 years old in March
  • 55 hours spent playing ukulele in Peace, Love, and Ukulele Club
  • 34 hours attending virtual Bible study
  • 34 hours attending in-person Bible study
  • 18.39 yards total less fabric in my stash
  • 18 comments on a blog post (most comments) on Feb 27: QuiltCon: Gifts, Friends and Shopping
  • 11 Central Florida MQG meetings attended
  • 8 Central Florida MQG Sew-Ins attended
  • 8 large quilts made: See blog tab 2023 Quilts
  • 6 quilts given away: 4 gifts; 2 charity
  • 5 wallhangings and small quilts made
  • 4 quilt workshops attended: 3 virtual; 1 in-person
  • 4 quilts entered in QuiltCon 2024 Raleigh
  • 3 quilts displayed at QuiltCon Atlanta
  • 3 quilts sold: 2 at QuiltCon; 1 locally
  • 2 quilts accepted into QuiltCon 2024 Raleigh
  • 2 alongs participated-in and completed: Summer Camp Modern Mystery, and Satisfaction
  • 2 programs given: Kawandi; Big Stitch Quilting and More
  • 1 trip-of-a-lifetime planned to the Holyland and Egypt, for January 2024
  • 1 trip-of-a-lifetime cancelled
My Fabric Tracker's final 2023 numbers: I did use more than I took in. 

In 2024 I'm aiming for 0 yards in, and 100 yards out.

I can't think of a word worth adopting in 2024, so I'll just keep doing more of the same. I will continue to: 
  1. blog
  2. use stashed fabric
  3. make quilts, especially scrap scarp quilts, and scrap backings
  4. listen to audiobooks, and write book reviews
  5. exercise
  6. play the ukulele
  7. spend time with friends
  8. deepen my faith through Bible studies
  9. pray
One of the many things that's nice about living in Florida is how there's still color, even through the winter months. No doubt, some plants thrive on the cooler temps. Here are a couple front yard perennial blooms I am admiring right now. I've misplaced the name of this one.  Found it! It's phlox.

This one's a Princess Plant.

Since we haven't yet turned on our furnace, baking is encouraged, and suffices to warm-up the house. On New Year's Day and at hub's request, I made my first ever coconut pie (the homemade pie crust needed baking first). It turned out pretty good. 
Linda

8 comments:

  1. What a year! I can't even believe how many things you kept track of. Bummer about your trip though!! Hoping 2024 is a great year for you in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a great year, usy busy, busy. Happy New Year to you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those number speak to how very active and busy you always are. Well done. I'm so sorry you had to cancel the trip of a life time though. My husband and our daughter went to Egypt last February on his personal trip of a lifetime. I'm glad they made it before the war broke out. I aim to use my stash more too this year although I never record the fabric usage. I'm finding it tough to make a dent in my stash when each quilt I make uses just a little bit of a lot of different fabrics. It doesn't make the stash look any smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive numbers Linda. And certainly reflect the productive year you've had that's for sure. I'm focusing more on using what I have here, going for that crazy happy vibrant vibe again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A BIG year with the data for sure. Well done. And how fabric looks like more when you've used a lot of it baffles me, but it does. Yummy pie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowsa! Your numbers are boggling my mind, Linda!!! Looks like 2023 was a big year! So sorry about your trip being cancelled. I had hoped to get there someday, too. Zero yards in is a pretty lofty goal!?! Looks like you can make 100 yards out, compared to what you did last year. You go, quilter girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you’ve had a great year! That book total is really impressive. My baseball and football crush limits lots of my book time. I say I’m going to step up my blog game every year and things kind of fall off by summer. Maybe this year I can try for one a week. I’ve decided that I don’t want to win by dying with the most fabric, so this year I’m going to make as many quilts, table runners, bags and bowls as I can to use up my enormous stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was quite a year! And you do have a net decrease in fabric stash, so good enough!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin