Friday, January 26, 2024

15th Blog-iversary!

It was 15 years ago today, January 26, 2009 that I wrote my first blog post.

And today is Australia Day! Even though it's been a decade since I last visited Australia, the country (particularly Sydney) will always have a special place in my heart. Pavlova, a lovely meringue dessert, will forever make me think of Australia. 

In the past 15 years I've published 1,277 blog posts; this post is number 1,278. That's an average of 85 blog posts a year, or 1½ blog posts a week. 
14,583 comments have been published and - if I were to guess - I've responded to 99.9% of them. Even if a commentor has been "noreply" or "anonymous" or "unknown," I respond to each ON that blog post. 

A few other statistics fascinate me.

Like how many times my blog has been viewed - 2,567,917 times! Wow! Who are all these people?! Are they quilters?

Apparently my most-viewed blog posts are about peg-loom weaving, which I explored during the pandemic. 

If I was truly celebrating properly, I'd host a giveaway, which I frequently did (as did other bloggers) for many years. However, knowing that I have as many international blog-readers as US blog-readers, the high cost of international shipping has me reluctant to give away something that could very well be less expensive (like fabric) than shipping costs. Call me cheap; call me frugal, but it just doesn't seem right.

If you're reading this, thank you! I appreciate blog-readers, and even more, I adore blog-commenters.I'm grateful that you sometimes hang out with me here, and let me know what you think.

I'm even more thankful that many of you have become friends through your comments and our emails back and forth. I can't imagine how different my life would be without you being part of it. 

Happy blog-iverary! Fifteen years, and more to come!

Hugs, Linda

22 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS to you Linda. Please keep your wonderful and amazing blog going for another 15 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvie! Thank you for your congratulations, and your good wishes for more years. I appreciate your comment. And, though I can see it's you, your reply email address is "noreply-commenter." So, I hope you see my response here.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Linda, that's an amazing number of posts, not to mention all the creativity you've inspired through your beautiful quilting projects! Here's to many more in the years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 years, that's certainly worth celebrating! As for the Pavlova, there is a long running debate with both New Zealand and Australia claiming to have invented it! Of course, here in New Zealand, we are sure it is us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 15 years. I have been a fan for the past 8 years. I am a fellow quilter but always look forward to your book recommendations. You have had some winners just like your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous! Thank you for your congratulations, and I'm tickled to know you've been reading my blog for eight years. Wow! I hope I know you, and if not, I hope to get to know you. I really appreciate that you like my quilts and book reviews. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  6. 15 years of blogging is amazing! That's a lot of conversation among like minded people, like me! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WaHoo!!! Congrats on 15 years. Your blog is one of just a few that I try to keep up with. I really value and enjoy our online friendship and hope that maybe sometime we can get together again in real life. Please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Linda! 😻That’s such a long time. I enjoy reading your blog posts so much Here’s to many more and unlimited spice drops! 🤭

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you heaps, Pamela! Fifteen years IS a long time, though when I started blogging, I would never have guessed I'd post for so many years. I appreciate that you're following along... and especially for your spice drops "good wishes." :-) Linda

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! I know you Instagram, too, but I'm glad you haven't given up blogging as so many Instagrammers have.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time most definitely flies! Hard to believe it's 15 years already. I always enjoy your posts and your work. The most-watched peg loom posts is a bit of a surprise somehow. I'd have thought it would be more "quilty" type posts that had the most viewers. Interesting what stats reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read all your blogs! I don't always comment but love reading your emails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heidi! Thank you for reading my blog posts! I appreciate that. And I wish I could reply to your comment directly. Unfortunately, you're a "noreply commenter." So, I hope you read this message of thanks to you!

      Delete
  12. Happy blogiversary!! I celebrated 15 years last year, and it feels like such a milestone, doesn't it? Congratulations, from an Aussie in Monday morning recovery from the Australia Day long weekend! (commenting again because I hit enter too quickly and it went through as anon!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel! Thank you for commenting, and congratulations to you too! Though I'm unable to reply to you via email because you're a "noreply commenter," I know you're The Barefoot Crafter, and I follow you on IG. Well done you, for being diligent about keeping up your communications!

      Delete
  13. I'm so glad that I found your blog last year. Your quilting is so colourful and inspiring! I've also listened or read many of the books that you have reviewed. Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Unknown! Though I sure wish I knew who you are! I'm grateful you're reading my blog, and really appreciate that you find it "colourful (you're either from Canada, Australia, or the UK! :-) and inspiring," and I'm glad we're reading some of the same books. We must have similar tastes. Thank you for anniversary wishes!

      Delete
  14. Congratulations! I love your blog posts because they are informative, interesting, and have great photos of your work. Keep on, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your blogiversary! That is a huge accomplishment in my book. I admire those of you who can do things consistently for SO LONG!! That takes some self discipline! (I wish I could be that dedicated) Not only that, your content is always so interesting to read. I enjoy your blog immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very Happy Blogiversary Linda! It certainly is some achievement to post consistently and to have such a lively comments section at the end of each post. I really do enjoy following your blog posts, learning about different aspects of patchwork quilting as you experiment and share and also gaining insight into what it's like living in your part of the world. Blog on!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin