Saturday, May 23, 2009

Free-Motion Machine Quilting

I love creating quilt tops. Quilting them...not so much. Though I'm a fair enough domestic (Bernina QE153) machine quilter, it always takes some extra self-urging to jump-start doing it. Once I'm over that little hurdle, it's full steam ahead it until it's finished.
Such is the case with this 48" X 60" mission quilt I'm making for the current Stitchin' Mission class. It was easy enough to pick out 80 prints to cut into 6-1/2" X 6-1/2" (unfinished) squares, and then piece them together, but a whole extra effort to begin quilting it. 

I'm quilting with a bright yellow Aurifil #50-weight thread. Though all the quilting is a meandering snail shell design - that's my name for it - on the lone white, tone-on-tone square, I quilted a cross. 
When the quilting is finished, this quilt will be used for the binding lesson at the June 1 class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin