Friday, May 25, 2012

The Marvelous Month of May

That's all I can stands and I can't stands no more. - Popeye

That's how I'm feeling as this marvelous month of May begins to wrap up. From the selling and closing of our Iowa home on May 3, to winning awards at the MQS show May 17, quilt market on May 18, arriving in The Villages, Florida, to begin house hunting, and yesterday, May 24, signing a house sales agreement with a 20 percent deposit...  All I can say is that's it's almost more than a body can stand. I'm deliriously happy!

June 14 is when this will become our new home. It's gorgeous, isn't it? I am still in disbelief that I'm going to live in my dream home.

It has all the amenities and features in a 1,998 square foot home that I have ever wanted, including a single, large open living area - all tiled, as we preferred - a screened lanai across the back...
... a spacious kitchen, and three bedrooms.

The master bathroom with a built-in dressing table, double sinks, and a tiled walk-in shower, along with a large walk-in closet, are all behind a pocket door off the master bedroom.

This bedroom on the front of the house, with the pretty bay window and a high tray ceiling will be my 15' 9" X 11' 8" (4.8 meters X 3.5 meters) sewing room.

It's the room that I plan to blog about as I turn a plain space into a workable sewing room, on a $2,000 budget. I've been reading Lois Hallock's book Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space, and will use it to guide me through, hopefully...  making it perfect!

In the meantime, many other more pressing things need to be decided,  like choosing a washer and dryer, and getting some furniture. We're settling on our choices only after consulting with our Kansas City daughter who has an excellent eye for such things. Thank goodness for on-line viewing and shopping. Last night we spent an hour discussing such things as we both surfed through the Internet.

Today, from the local furniture store, I'll be ordering our master bedroom set - these pieces, except the dresser with the mirror. Yes, it's white! We're going with this because we can!  Won't it look sunny and fresh in a Florida home with a brightly-colored quilt on top?

Can you tell I'm excited? Even shopping for a washer and dryer will be fun. If you see me with black and blue marks on my arms, they're from pinching myself! We're here, and finally doing the things we've saved for and dreamed about for so many years.

Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. - James 5:13 (NIV)
Do you hear me singing? Linda

30 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW! and congratulations! So happy for you. And that front sewing room will be wonderful - you'll never want to leave it - Ha! Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rejoicing with you! It looks beautiful and will be even more beautiful after you have added award-winning quilty goodness to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Congratulations! God is Good! Are you inviting your blogging friends down for visit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks fantastic! Congratulations. I'm sure you'll be very happy in your new home. Have fun shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! Your new house looks so beautiful. I will be waiting for updates as you decorate and get settled. And I can't wait to see your new sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it's so fabulous! I have tears of joy for you. Can't wait to see how you do the sewing room. It's an awesome home with a definitely Dan kitchen and a Linda space. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new house! Very contemporary and open, you are going to be VERY happy there, I can just tell!!! So happy for you, congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Linda, I only can say wow what a house and I'm so glad for you that you found your dream house and that you soon will move in.
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!! I can't wait to see the play-by-play on your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I hear you singing and I'm joining in. God is certainly blessing your right now and I'm so happy for you. I'll be working on my sewing room in the basement about the same time. Hmmmm....no bay windows down there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you singing. I am so excited for you. God is so good. All things are falling into place.
    Your house is beautiful and I know you will enjoy it so much.
    Blessing to you and your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I am so happy for you. The house looks just gorgeous. "He crowns the year with His goodness"! Ps 65:11

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic news for you. The house looks gorgeous and what fun it will be crating the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy for you Linda. The house looks fabulous. Can't wait to see how you set up your sewing area. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  15. How wonderful that everything is just falling into place. We can't but help to praise God for all blessings for we know he has a perfect plan for us if we just listen.
    I don't know you Linda but I am so happy to hear that someone has gotten the life that they have dreamed of and worked so hard for. Your new home is beautiful, i will be looking forward to seeing all your plans for the new sewing room and the rest of the house.
    Do you move in right away or are you going to do the decorating first. Have fun. Blessings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Linda I'm so excited for you! How wonderful to have long-awaited dreams come to fruition. To Him is the glory. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Linda...it looks beautiful!
    Your sewing room will be lovely looking out from that beautiful window...love the kitchen too.
    What a month for you..all good!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can hear you from here!! Love the look of that sewing area....can't wait to see what you do with it! A white bedroom suite is on my wish list.....one day! What an exciting time for you!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been hoping to see this post - welcome from one Floridian to another!! Your new house looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more. It is almost more than a body can stand. So happy for you :)!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol I hear you singing. Your new home is beautiful. That stream of sunshine through the family room is magic. I LOVE the white bedroom suite & yes it will look fabulous with a lovely bright quilt. I'm really looking forward to watching you create your dream sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow! What a whirlwind 3 weeks! Love the new home. It is so fresh and light, you'll have lot of fun turning it into your own place. Wishing you both much happiness in your new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on finding a new home so quickly. You have had a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your hubby. The house looks beautiful. I'm so jealous. HAHA! My hubby wants to move to FL also, but we still have some jobs to do around here to get this place on the market. What a lovely quilting space you will have. Can't wait to see all the progress. Happy Shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just gorgeous Linda, so happy for you both. I can only imagine how beautiful it will be once you've added your finishing touches to it.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh how exciting! Your new home, new chapter of your lives and how much fun will it be filling it up with new stuff! Yes, it most definitely is a 'marvellous month of May' for you
    And I'm guessing June will be just as much fun :)
    Cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats Linda! The house is beautiful. You HAVE had quite an amazing month! : )

    ReplyDelete
  27. The house if beautiful. Congratulations! Blessings abound! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm so happy for you, the home looks gorgeous. I love the idea of white furniture in the bedroom, any quilt would look great in there.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am so happy for you and your home is absolutely gorgeous. Your sewing room is going to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin