Wednesday, October 7, 2020

A Dress and a Top

I enjoy watching The Sewing Studio (Maitland, Florida) Instagram videos of new fabric arrivals. A recent viewing prompted me to I pulled out a couple patterns and order fabric that arrived the following day!

I used a several-years-old Lisette pattern, Simplicity #1878, to make this dress.

 The cotton print is by QT (Quilting Treasures). Isn't it pretty?

Likewise, when I saw this cotton Art Gallery print, I imagined a top. This is McCalls #3147 that I've previously made, this time adding several inches to the length. 

The top buttons down the back, and this was the first time I used the automatic buttonhole on my Bernina 770QE. Slick! I used the machine's sizing dial to match the button diameter, and positioned the top under the needle. Then, I just pushed the foot control! It automatically made four, same-sized buttonholes. The four-hole buttons are transparent so, they're difficult to see in this picture... but that's just what I wanted. 

Book Recommendation
Leave it to me to choose the sixth book of a nine-book series. Sheesh.(Am I the only one who wishes series titles were also numbered? Isn't that how Nancy Drew books were labeled?) Still, I sure liked this who-done-it story about Joseph O'Loughlin, a British psychologist who is called in by the police give insight about the man who is the prime suspect in the murder of a couple in their home that was also set on fire. This investigation leads to another, and O'Loughlin suspects the murders are tied into a three year-old case of two missing teenage girls - the Bingham (UK) girls. He convinces the police to reopen the case. The story alternately follows O'Loughlin and his thought process, and the suspenseful plight of the girls. I couldn't stop listening. And now I'm listening to another Michael Robotham book - one that's not part of a series. He's an excellent story-teller.

Linda's score: 4.3/5.0

I'm giving you privy to text messages between God and the angel Gabriel.... 
Linda

7 comments:

  1. Sewing clothes is quite rewarding, and you get exactly what you want. Very pretty fabrics indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of clothing that buttons down the back, but it certainly requires a second pair of hands. So glad you enjoyed your first Michael Robotham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in your new wardrobe. Love the neckline on the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new outfits and those fabrics, very sweet!!! That text message between God and Gabriel is hilarious!!! I read your post at work yesterday and had to share it with my co-workers!!! Always good to laugh, thank you for that!!! we were having a rough day. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, those prints are so pretty and they look great in your dress and top! I'll check out that author- I'm always looking for new listens. Well, Gabriel, this explains a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice sewing! And I detect a theme in the colors 😃

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fabrics are so pretty and they look great on you. Have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin