Monday, February 15, 2010

More House-bound Organizing

As the snow continues to fall in Des Moines - 3.3 inches/8 cm more since Sunday, for a total winter accumulation of
56.7 inches (144 cm)
UPDATED 57.4 inches/146 cm (the average annual snowfall is 33 inches/83 cm) - I have no excuse for avoiding the purging and organizing that needs to continue in our house.

Tackling one closet has unearthed some treasures. I don't have enough walls to display these counted cross-stitch pieces. You might guess correctly that at one time, back in the early 80s, I owned a counted cross-stitch shop. My plan is to take these pieces to a consignment store, once the snow clears. At the rate we're going, that won't be until April!
These too will go. I spent countless hours stitching them because of Dan's interest in Civil War history.
These junior high and high school pieces of artwork have already been relegated to the trash bin.
Just because it's pretty and I still might be able to find a place to hang it, I'm keeping this one.


Along with a lot of clothes-purging, one closet went from this...
... to this.
Five garbage bags of clothes are being donated to the DAV (Daughters of American Veterans) and those winter coats on the right are heading to a consignment shop.


Another closet is in for some ruthless treatment today. Who says you can't have fun when you're house-bound?!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the cleaning and organizing! It feels good doesn't it?

    You are a multi-talented woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo happy you're cleaning out. It's been something on your radar for years and you'll feel so much better when it's done. Not looking forward to having to do that very soon, so you'll have to remind me of the benefits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. You have so much time invested in all those pieces but you can't keep everything.
    I am most impressed by the wardrobe. Very disciplined and focused.
    We are off to the airport soon. Despite all the snow on your great continent QF94 arriving on time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, what a good feeling! Your cross stitch pictures are beautiful, especially the one you're keeping. I get ruthless every few months, and take bags off to a charity shop. Good stuff gets sold on eBay. Almost time for another purge, methinks :-))

    ReplyDelete
  5. C;eaning out is a great feeling! So much fun. My only problem is that it creates a vacuum that tends to get filled far too quickly!
    I love your crosstitch works. Especially the one you are keeping and the 2 Civil War ones. You are such a talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulation for all the cleaning. I should do the same here but so far didn't got it done!How about coming over and help me?
    Edith

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin