Saturday, August 19, 2017

Feeling Sentimental

This past Wednesday, August 16, grandsons Tay and Aesa started school in Kansas City. It still seems too early to me, but here in Florida, local children returned August 10!

Tay began second grade.

Aesa began first grade.

What's tugging at my heartstrings is that this young lady is starting college, and those boys are gonna miss her.

Jill took Tay and Aesa out of school on Thursday and Friday, so all of them could load up a rented Nissan Qwest and drive Celina to Colorado State.

It was nice to see the family pictures loaded to the iCloud, so we could share their experiences setting up the dorm room.



Ahh. I remember those days... In 1994, taking Jill to Northwestern in Evanston, Illinois.

Move-in day was very hot!
Jill and my Dad
And then we left her there! I know I cried for nearly all the six-hour drive home.
Jill and her roomie, in 1994.
Saturday, that's what the family did. Left Celina. And said their goodbyes. 
 

I'm praying for everyone who will miss her at home. And for Celina's college success. 

I'm sure that was a long drive back to Kansas City. Linda

11 comments:

  1. These pictures really evoke memories. I was happy to live away from home. Now I wonder how my parents felt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is a never ending circle. Your post brought back a lot of memories for me, too. I can't believe how big those boys have become. Time is moving at warp speed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys look so grown up! I can't believe Celina is in college. I hope she is settling in nicely and getting along with her roommate. That always seems to be a love/don't like you kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good memories for some, not so good for others. Hope Celina does well and that she has a good roommate. Hope her roommate shares Celina's values and they can support each other in this new adventure. It would be a worry for me if I were a parent of a college bound girl, especially in CO these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting how that dorm mess has not changed in 30 years..... just as I have not cooked in 30 years.... things change,,,, most for the better....

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers...I think that is one of our most special and important jobs as a mom and grandma. Memories of taking our children to college, marriage, and watching them be amazing parents. Prayer and faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, you stirred up some memories for me too! Sure looks like those boys will miss her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet. It's a rite of passage not only for the child but also for the parent. I remember leaving Katie at Florida State in 1994 like it was yesterday. And I cried all the way home too. I hope C loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such as sweet post, and I loved hearing your memories. Lots of tears have been shed on the way home from college dorms, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing her the best at CSU. Both my kids graduated from there. It's a good school and Ft Collins is a great small town.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin