Friday, April 24, 2009

The Worst, but the Best

The worst part of traveling to the other side of the earth is adjusting to the time differences. Talk about out of whack! This poor body is trying to flip-flop days and nights, and it just isn't an easy thing to do.

Right now Sydneysiders are welcoming each day 15 hours ahead of Des Moinesians. No wonder I'm wide awake at 3:00 a.m. 

While in Australia, I was blessed to meet, in real time, two quilters I'd swapped emails with through QDU (Quilting Down Under) chat group.

Jillian (such a pretty name), and her husband welcomed us to "Millbrook Rise," their farm home in Victoria. Jillian won over my husband when she served a real country-style breakfast! I am impressed with her beautiful machine-embroidery skills and the quilt-as-you-go (QAYG) patchwork blocks she's making.

Di welcomed me for morning tea (not surprisingly, I stayed well beyond tea time!) in her home, the rectory of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Darling Point where her husband is deacon. Their home in a charming, 1850s, British-style stone cottage straight out of a Jane Austen novel. I would have felt appropriately attired in my Sunday frock and bonnet.
Di is a charming and gracious lady with beautiful quiltmaking skills. She is currently hand-quilting his lovely, hand-pieced and hand-appliqued "Roebuck" quilt
I can again affirm that quilters are among the nicest, friendliest, most generous people on earth. God expects us to live in love and fellowship, and these quilters are doing it beautifully. Good on ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin