Friday, December 7, 2018

WIPs Again

Hey there, friends! I'm sending a really big thank you to those of you who have taken time to listen to Episode 402 of the American Patchwork and Quilting Podcast that aired last Monday. I appreciate your many lovely compliments. My heart was warmed!

This is on Pat Sloan's blog....

As I thought, I was the third person interviewed on that episode. If you'd like to listen, access it here.

Locally, Villagers are in the throes of "party time." This is when every club and activity group has it's holiday social. All my groups are doing just that.

This past week found me at parties for: 1) Line Dancing for Exercise; 2) a neighborhood Christmas party where I joined 30 people performing with the Ukulele Performance Group; 3) a holiday social/play time with the Ukulele Players Club; and 4) another party with the Friday Line Dancing for Exercise group.

Three more parties are next week! Those are: 1) the French Oak Ladies luncheon (at a restaurant); 2) the Central Florida MQG holiday party; and 3) Big Cypress Quilters holiday social! And all those are just on Monday and Tuesday! I'm choosing not to join the Zumba holiday party on Wednesday. (Seems a bit counterproductive to work-up a Zumba sweat and then eat treats, doesn't it?) All this partying now means I've been baking - brownies and blueberry pie bites. Yes, me. The one who doesn't.

Parties around here are usually over by the second week of December, which seems sort of unnatural. But, group leaders do this because many people go north for the holidays, or have family here for the holidays. We don't do either, so the next few weeks will be very quiet.

I've been in my sewing room in between everything. Still lovin' my new Bernina 770QE!

I've now pieced dozens of these 4-1/2" X 4-1/2" (unfinished) triangle-in-a-square blocks (made with a Bloc Loc template set) to see if I can make something of all this on my design wall. The circles are quarter-circles, and are cut using a Classic Curves Ruler.

It's a little chaotic, I think. Though I do love all the solid colors! Happily, I've reduced the quantity of solid scraps in my scrap bin. 

I'm also trying this layout. I like the "arrow" appearance, but still think the whole design needs an eye-resting place.

While that's been percolating on the design wall, I've pulled out my 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" (unfinished) leaders and enders to make more 16-patch blocks. I've got 98 of these 4-1/2" X 4-1/2" (unfinished) blocks and will show you soon what I've been doing with them. 

I'm putting together a tutorial. 😊 Linda

8 comments:

  1. Looking great Linda. Cant wait for the tute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do stay busy! Our quilt ministry had a Christmas party the week of Thanksgiving since one of our members lives in VA during the winter months. We'll probably do another smaller bash in a couple weeks. Looking forward to seeing the grandkids though probably none of them on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day since we had them for both days last year. Have to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy all those parties would do me in! haha. But I meant to tell you I listened in to the podcast too! How fun to hear you share. So glad you could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserve a treat after all that Zumba-ing! What better time, I say!? I enjoyed listening to you on the podcast, but it didn't 'sound' like you? Would that just be me? Mmmmm..... Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a busy month for sure. I'm glad you're finding time to sew and I can't wait to see what you do with those 16-patches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're such a social butterfly! I've been to 1 guild party and may go to 1 friend party. That's it! Have fun and enjoy the quiet time too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You. Ertainly have a busy social life! I love you’re new WIP. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new WIP--keep going, you are on a roll!
    Also interesting to get a glimpse into life in the Villages, and all those parties will be fun. You'll enjoy your quiet holiday, for sure. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin