It's been a busy week.
Last Saturday, not only did Central Florida MQG hold its monthly Sew-In, but members of the local 4-H Club joined us.
During our lunch break "Sew and Learn," CFMQG members discussed various types of appliqué found in modern quilts.
One of our members taught the kids how to use iron-on fusible to make fabric collages. You might see some unique-looking pumpkins among their projects.
Another member taught the kids to make ice cream sundae-looking pin cushions. They're made with felt gathered around a dryer ball, with a layer of chenille - like an old bedspread - gathered over that.
I assured them I'd "make them famous" on my blog if they posed for a picture. Thanks quilters! It was delightful spending the day with you!
And just to show that I haven't been too lazy, I'm knitting dishcloths in between quilting the quilt made with my Dad's plaid sport shirts.
I have one more picture I simply have to share.
While power walking on Monday, I had to stop to believe what I was seeing. In front of a home were two life-sized sandhill crane statues, sculptures? And two REAL sandhill cranes had stopped to check out their stationary friends! Can you tell them apart?!
![]() |
| L-R Sandhill cranes: real, sculpture, real, sculpture |











No comments:
Post a Comment
I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!