Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Ruler Quilting

This week has aligned for all things ruler work.

I'm honored that Sarah Thompson (@sariditty) invited me to participate in introducing her line of quilting rulers.

She sent me these items several weeks ago, and invited me to have a play. That's certainly what I've been doing!

The first ruler I played with was the Sariditty Rolling and Wiggly Wave ruler.

It made a fun quilting design on the first Carousel Quilt I made (for teaching how to make a modern wedge quilt). I really like the designs that are possible with this ruler!

With the Sariditty Paradigm 60° triangle-shaped ruler I quilt points on another Carousel Quilt, sort of making it look like a Dresden Plate design.

Here's a video of the quilting.

All rulers are available in low shank, high shank, and 1/4-inch thickness. Happily for me, I can use the 1/4-inch thickness with my Bernina 770QE.

If you're interested in any of the Sariditty rulers, you can view a catalog of them here. (Rulers can be seen inside the Hoffman fabric Lookbook.) Ask for them at your local quilt shop (available through Checkers), or order them directly from Sariditty

On Thursday, I'll be giving a three-hour ruler quilting demonstration at Sharky's Sew 'n Vac, in Wildwood, Florida.

In case you haven't noticed, I'm lining up lecture and teaching gigs in the months ahead. I've updated my "Programs and Workshops" page (click the tab at the top of this home page) to reflect where, when, and what I'll be teaching, including a complete list of my offerings. Let me know if your chapter is interested in anything! Linda

4 comments:

  1. ahhh, you make it look so easy. I have to try some of these rulers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you do make it look so easy Linda. The waves look great on your wedges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Neither of those links took me to where I wanted to go, so I'll have to do a search on her name.) Fun for you--keep the info coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look like some nice rulers. You are a great choice for demonstrating them.

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin