Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Walking to Get Austin

As I mentioned in my previous post, I walk each afternoon to pick up Austin from daycare. These are the sites on my stroll.
Walking from Harbour Island across the bridge toward the new Tampa Bay History Center, on my left is the Tampa skyline and the St. Pete Times Forum (wall of glass, center right) the venue for all types of athletic events and shows.

On my right is Channelside, where cruise ships embark and depart several times a week.

On the top deck of this cruise ship I could see a water slide, so there's no doubt it has a pool too. This ship is called "Carnival Inspiration." I've never been on a cruise, but I'm impressed by the size!

You can see I'm in the heart of Tampa. It was funny when a car pull over - a male driver - to ask me directions to the Aquarium. Gosh, I knew where it is! I could tell him where to turn, and even the name of the street!

The best part of the walk is getting to take this guy back home with me.

We spend the afternoon together, but Nana takes a back seat when mom and dad get home from work. Austin loves to give hugs. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, he is the most adorable baby!! I can see why you look forward to your walk each day!! ~karen

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin