Monday, July 28, 2014

Home Again

Last week the hubs and I were in Austin, Texas, visiting our son, DIL, and two grandsons. Of course, it's always good to visit family, especially when there's a gurgly, grinning baby who demands attention.

Austin, baby LJ's older brother, simply adores LJ, and visa versa.

We went to the pool a couple times,

visited the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum,


and ate Texas barbeque! Our son and DIL are wrapping up the purchase of a house, so we're looking forward to our next visit when we'll stay in their dedicated guest room, and enjoy their deck view toward Hill Country.  

While at the Austin Ikea (technically in Round Rock) this Raskog cart, in turquoise, had to come home with me.  It's the color for my sewing room, isn't it? Stash fabrics that came home with me are on the cart. 

They are: Ikea's "Smaborre" print (top) which should make a nice quilt backing; and prints in my favorite colors from A Quilter's Folly which is just a few miles from where our son and DIL live now. I'm stash-building, you know.


During the two 16-1/2 hour car rides to and from Austin - we stopped eight to nine times going and coming - I stitched a lot! I'm so pleased to have finished EPP'ing the the Flower Ball center

I've begun auditioning background fabrics. Forward progress. Linda

16 comments:

  1. Linda, I'm glad you could visit your family in Austin and I know how much you enjoy it - which sure isn't askable because of these very smart young guys :-)
    I also love your turquoise cart. I've visited Ikea also lately and saw it - I also bought some furniture of them especially for my new sewing room and sleeping room.
    Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your grandsons are super cute. The baby is so "squeezable"!!! I'm sure you did lot of that. And you didn't do badly shopping wise with some lovely new fabrics and that new sewing room trolley. It really does fit perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been traveling too Linda but didn't get to do any stitching - they would have taken my scissors at the airport. :) Jerry and I went to England and Ireland and had such a wonderful time. Today I'm off to my sister's for a few days. She had another stroke the day before I got home so I want to check her out for myself....and do some canning so she won't fret about losing tomatoes. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a fun trip, but who wouldn't with those adorable grandboys. I also love those Ikea carts and that there are color choices. Can't wait until the Ikea about 2 hours from us opens this fall. And I'm glad to see that you are still stash building!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hexie ball will be amazing and then you will quilt it even more amazingly and leave me crying in my soup! Glad you had a nice visit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are home safe and sound after such a lovely visit. It IS a long car ride, but you sure made the most of the ride! Can't wait to see the front of your handwork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great visit and the cart is perfect. Your boys are getting so big, especially Austin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful grands you have, Linda! And the cart must be perfect for toting things to another room to work on. I usually make three or four trips. Love the large print fabric with white background - sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a great time. Lovely photos.Cant wait to see the results of your hexies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos of your grandkids and family. Looks like a great time. I love my Ikea cart. I just bought that same fabric for a back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lovely photos of yourself and the grandbabies. Gorgeous boys. Glad you had such a good time. Luckily you drove, so the cart could easily fit in for the return home. Some very nice fabrics jumped in for the ride, what luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I love the Ikea cart!!
    I bet it is fun to spend time with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a nice visit!
    I love your turquoise cart, how are you going to use it? i have been tempted but still haven't bought one.
    EEP, I am itching to do some.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so far behind on my blog reading as you can see!! What adorable grandsons you have, Linda. I'm glad that you got to see them and bet you are missing them by now. Boy, I'll sure be checking out the fabric and cute aqua cart when IKEA opens up in KC next month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun to see your family. The boys are so very cute. I have that very same cart in my sewing room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. your new grandson is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin