Three years ago today, I quite vividly remember spending my birthday in this down under city.
|Foreground: Sydney Opera House; Background: Harbour Bridge|
That day, we rode the ferry from Five Dock...
to the CBD (Central Business District)
|Sydney CBD view from the top of Sydney Tower, the gold spire in the center of the previous photo.|
Most often though, birthdays are low key in our family. This year is slightly different because I'd like to give you a chance to win one of three presents. This is an Australia-themed giveaway.
You might remember that back in August 2011, I started making this Friendship Medallion Quilt. The pattern is a freebie from Patchwork Pumpkin, an Australian quilt shop. Instructions come with a few strings attached.
1. You are not allowed to purchase any fabrics for the quilt top. You must use your stash!
2. You may swap fabrics with your friends.
3. Show us your quilt centre to get the next border instructions. No proof? No pattern. No exceptions!
Wanting a stash-busting project, many of you saw my posts about this and decided to join me. Because so many of you did that, Patchwork Pumpkin asked if I would like to give away two of their patterns! Two of you have a chance to win a pattern of your choice from Patchwork Pumpkin.
While I was cutting out each of the eight parts for this medallion quilt, I thought about how great it was to be stash-busting. And gosh, why not cut out TWO of every piece needed?
So, for example, in part one (as seen on the right) instead of cutting out just 64 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" turquoise prints and 40 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" white prints...
I cut out 128 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" turquoise prints and 80 1-1/2" X 1-1/2" white prints.
I continued to double-up on my cutting throughout all eight parts, setting aside the half I didn't use. With permission from Patchwork Pumpkin, I printed instructions to accompany each part.
That means, my giveaway gift is this. THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
A cut out kit, not just hunks of fabric, to sew your own 85" X 95-1/2" medallion quilt top like mine.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
Anyone can enter once for a chance to win one of two patterns or the kit. Here are the parameters:
- I'll ship the kit within the lower 48 U.S. states. An international kit-winner should expect to pay shipping.
- Three winners will be selected Thursday, March 22.
- In your one comment, tell me two things:
- Whether you'd like to win the "pattern" or "kit" or "either."
- Something you know or like about Australia, whether you've ever been there or not.
As for celebrating my birthday, what I'll be doing is this.
Hosting our second Sunday afternoon open house. Last Sunday's visitors, who numbered a dozen, were mostly curiosity peepers. We're hoping this Sunday's visitors will be more serious since we'll be hosting an open house every Sunday until the house sells! I can't think of a better birthday present than an offer. Linda