Monday, June 19, 2017

Florida Quilt

I'm happy to say that my Florida Quilt pattern is now available in both print and digital formats!


Thank you to neighbor-quilter-friend Becky who tested my pattern and made a quilt of her own. She also accompanied me to take photos of our quilts. The cover photo was taken along Lake Sumter, at Sumter Landing.

Becky's quilt photographed well and showed off her lovely walking-foot quilting using the #28 serpentine stitch on her Bernina.

I've been thrilled to use this backing on our quilts. It's just too-perfect!
State Cotton, The Sunshine State by Windham Fabrics.

My friend Lora is selling the Florida Quilt pattern in both print and digital formats, a fabric kit, and backing fabric (separately) though her Etsy shop: DragonflyQuiltworks.

Locally, the printed pattern can be purchased from me, or at Sharky's Vac 'n Sew in Wildwood.

With fair accuracy, I'm predicting that Florida will be of most interest to Floridians. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒดLinda

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. Have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt. It is supah cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, Your Florida quilt is beautiful. Your quilting really sets it off too. And the backing fabric is perfect for it. Your friend Becky did a great job of testing it for you too. Her quilting design is simple, yet it gives lots of movement to the water area of the quilt. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun--good for you for getting this project to a beautiful and satisfying conclusion. I hope all Floridian quilters make this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Linda! This is a huge accomplishment, and I'm so pleased for you! Loved the photo shoot. Wouldn't it have been great if a pelican had flown in to take a look?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats on getting your pattern out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello. My name is Becca and I'm attempting to find a rather old quilt that belonged to my family and we would like it back, please.

    I've e-mailed quite a few Flordia musuem staff and they have not been able to locate this quilt. I'm hoping that perhaps you or one of your readers might have seen it. If this is an inappropriate place to post this, administrator, I apologize and please feel free to remove this post.

    Here are the facts:

    Edith Linstrom Forsberd sewed this quilt, probaby in the 1920's.

    It is a full sized quilt with applicaed, yellow tulips. The tulips would have been in the center of the quilt and not in each square.

    It has a white or cream background.

    The edging is probably a green that matches the leaves on the tulips.

    It is in the Rose of Sharon design.


    Bella Linstrom donated the quilt to a museum in either in Flordia or Kansas in between 1950 to 1960.

    Unfortunately, it was never photographed.

    It was made by hand.

    Everyone, thank you so much for getting back to me if you have any info on this family quilt. It would mean so much to my grandma to have this back. If you have any information, please e-mail me at rebeccadecker001@gmail.com.



    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin