This is my last photo of Sydney, taken at the airport.
I desperately miss Sydney, my family (Jill, Maher, Celina, and baby Tay), my friends (Di and Di, in particular), and the climate!
When I arrived at the Des Moines International Airport, I was met by these......being offered to me by my handsome husband. He'd dressed up and had a big smile on his face. How much warmer of a welcome can a wife of 37 years expect than that!? He was looking very fine and trim, having lost 12 pounds (5.5 kg) while I was away. I too lost 5 pounds (nearly 3 kg). It seems we were pining away for one another!
Since returning to Iowa, I've made these observations:
- A person can cry off and on for 26-1/2 hours.
- I prefer Sydney's 85 degrees (29C) to Des Moines' 45 degrees (7C)
- It's dark in Des Moines at 6:00 p.m!
- Sydney has lush greenery and palm trees; Des Moines' trees are bare.
- Americans are really into glitz when it comes to decorating for Christmas. From the air, Des Moines fairly glows with holiday lights.
- Washing and drying a load of laundry in Des Moines takes half the time it did in Sydney.
- I miss my Sydney family. I miss my Sydney friends.
- I'm glad to be back in Des Moines with husband Dan, and dog Hogan. I'm looking forward to seeing my Des Moines friends.
I thank God for the blessing of getting to visit Australia once again, and for a safe journey back home. God is so good! Praise Him!