Thursday, February 5, 2009

Like I Need Another Project!

One of my favorite authors, Emilie Richards, has teamed up with quilt designer Pat Sloan to create a free, on-line block-of-the-month (BOM) called "A Season of Grace." The quilt is based on book five, "Sister's Choice," in the Shenandoah Album series. The BOM begins in February 2009, and at the end of 12 months, you'll have enough small Christmas stocking blocks for your choice of an "Advent Quilt" or a "12 Days Quilt."

My quilting buddy, Mary and I have agreed to make the Advent Quilt. It takes 25 stockings, so each month we'll make two identical stockings and then swap one stocking.

Of course our decision to launch into this project required much critical discussion about fabric choices, with requisite visits to more than one quilt shop. You can see we're both engaged and committed to the task at hand!

Mary and I will use the same background fabric and base our stocking fabric choices on colors in one multi-colored focus print. That's so we (mostly me) can use up accumulated Christmas prints. By making a sample stocking (at left), we both had a clearer picture of the block size, and the scale of prints that could be used.

We're both excited to share and work on this project. I'll keep you posted about how we progress.

1 comment:

  1. Linda,

    Google just alerted me to your post. How nice to see that you and Mary will be doing the stockings and exchanging. Now that's a great idea. Mind if I suggest it next month when I post block 2? So glad you enjoy my books and that you found the BOM.
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete

I reply to comments! If you are a no-reply commenter, or your profile appears as anonymous, I will reply to you directly on this blog post. Please check back!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin